Brazilian Jiu Jitsu Curriculum - White Belt Syllabus
WHITE BELT CURRICULUM
Requirements to attain your stripes.
WHITE BELT 1ST DEGREE.
Minimum required of 40 classes and the approval of the Instructor.
1) Self defense (attack from behind)
2) Self defense (head lock escape)
3) Mata Leao (Rear naked choke)
4) Gramby roll.
5) Scissor sweep
6) Arm Bar from mount.
7) Standing passing the guard.
8) Sitting sweep.
9) Kimura from guard.
10) Kimura from side control.
11) Distance and standing
1) Bridge escape.
2) Basic collar choke.
3) Choke from mount.
4) Choke from guard.
5) Americana lock.
6) Basic passing the guard.
7) Side control escape (back 2 close guard & turning to single leg).
8) How to mount from side control.
9) Arm lock from guard.
10) Double legs take down
WHITE BELT 2ND DEGREE.
Minimum required of 80 classes and the approval of the Instructor.
1) Guillotine choke.
2) Ezequiel choke from mount.
3) Basic sweeps from open guard 1, 2 & 3.
4) Taking the back
5) Chokes from the back 1, 2 & 3.
6) Hip escape from mount.
7) Double legs take down
8) Pull guard technically
1) Arm lock from taking the back.
2) Lapel choke from closed guard.
3) Escape from side control to guard.
4) Motoca choke from 4 points.
5) Motoca choke from close guard.
6) Single leg takedown
WHITE BELT 3RD DEGREE.
Minimum required of 100 classes and the approval of the Instructor.
1) Escape side control head lock.
2) Escape from guillotine choke.
3) Escape from arm lock from guard.
4) Passing the open guard.
5) Variations from passing open guard.
6) Homoplato (shoulder lock)
7) Combination arm lock & Homoplato.
8) Single leg takedown
1) Side control to forearm choke.
2) Homoplato to backwards sweep.
3) Pendulum sweep.
4) Arm lock from pendulum sweep.
5) Variations from pendulum sweep.
6) Arm drag takedown
WHITE BELT 4TH DEGREE
Minimum required 140 classes and the approval of the Instructor.
1) Escape from clock choke.
2) Ganchos sweep (outside hooks from open guard)
3) Sweeps from ganchos 1, 2 & 3.
4) Triangle chokes.
5) Arm lock from side control.
6) Keza gatame.
7) Lapel choke from top half guard.
8) Passing the half guard 1, 2, 3 & 4.
9) Arm drag takedown
1) Double attack from mount.
2) Double attack from guard.
3) Reverse arm lock from guard.
4) Escape from you opponent once he takes your back.
5) Clock chokes.
6) Variations from clock choke.
7) Half guard sweeps 1, 2, 3 & 4.
8) Choke from Half guard.
9) Kimura from half guard (top & bottom).
10) Wrist lock from standing.
11) Wrist lock from side control.
12) Sitting guard sweeps 1, 2 & 3.
BLUE BELT EXAM:
Required (1 competition as a white belt)
- 2 Takedowns
- 4 Sweeps (Reversals) from Guard Position
- 2 Chokes from Guard Position
- 2 Arm locks from Guard Position
- 2 Chokes from top position (Mount, Side Control, Knee on the Belly, etc)
- 2 Arm locks from top position (Mount, Side Control, Knee on the Belly, etc)
- 2 Submissions from the Back Control
- 2 Guard Passes on top of guard position
- 1 Escapes from Side Control
- 2 Escapes from Mount
- 2 Escapes from Headlock (On Ground)
- Self Defence
- Stand in base
- Single Handed Wrist Grab – Thumb Up
- Single Handed Wrist Grab – Thumb Down
- Two Handed Wrist Grab
- Defence against two handed strangle
- Defence against front bear hug over arms
- Defence against front bear hug under arms
- Defence against standing headlock – Holding Only
- Defence against standing headlock – Holding & Hitting